What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- MRM Ltd, or on behalf of MRM Ltd, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who assist us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of MRM Ltd.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For MRM Ltd to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable MRM Ltd to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of marketing campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable MRM Ltd meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
Whilst we feel that cookies enhance your browsing experience you may prefer to disable cookies in your website browser. If you want to do this then you need to change your browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
If you use a browser that is not list above then we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites and your browsing experience may be compromised.